Let’s make 2020 the year of going to beautiful places in Italy…
*Without* trying to wake up extra early to “beat the rush” or squeeze into a looong line for an attraction.
Wanna know why?
At its core, Italians embrace a culture of moving at your own pace. Doing your own thing, because you want to. Heck, they even siesta.
But since the economy in Italy has been on the rise — along with rising middle classes across the world — the country’s traditional “hot spots” have adopted a vibe that goes against the crostini of being an Italian: Busy. Busy. Busy.
But of course, you HAVE to visit Rome, Florence, Venice, etc. when you come to Italy.
What you can *also* do if you’re planning to visit one of these major hot spots, though, is introduce a teeny-tiny sidestep (read: day trip!) to some under-the-radar towns. We’ve got a couple of ideas up our linen sleeves, and they’re easy-peasy to reach via the Italian train system, Trenitalia.
If you’re planning a trip to Italy and wanna know what’s hot right now (or *too* hot, and you don’t want it), keep reading on!
This is what happens when Italian Fix takes you on vacay. Meet the people, places and piazzas that make each experience extra special. Part 3 of a 3-week series.
Over the last few weeks, we’ve shared some of our tours’ behind-the-scenes. Today we’re back for more (because we like to keep the seaside aperitivi coming).
These are the spots made of sun-bleached loungers, pink and peach buildings, sparkling turquoise seas, and groovy Greece-meets-Italy vibes.
When we travel to these spots in intimate groups — the kind that love doing their own thing as much as laughing over limoncello together — we reveal sights, sounds and tastes in Italy that people trip over their feet to experience.
The kinds of things you just can’t do if you don’t have local connections.
Here’s why we love bringing people with us:
- You get to know — and feel like — the locals who call these spots HOME. Because of the longstanding relationships we’ve built from the cobblestones up, our guests are welcomed into the special spots not everyone gets to see.
- You get to travel with people who know exactly what it means to LIVE. Like, all the way up to 10001%. After years of guiding guests through these experiences, we see the drastic changes in both minds and bodies — and we know how to tease out and support that I-am-high-on-life-things-are-groovy state of being.
- You meet the humans that become your future best friends, travel partners and soul sisters/brothers (yes we have co-ed trips too). So many of our guests has shared that there’s a special magic to the people we bring together — and we believe it, too. We all become part of one wonderful extended family. Many clients have met some amazing new friends who become future travel buddies. We have past guests who have spent Christmases together, who lend out their spare bedroom to people in their homes around the world. This makes me SMILE. It’s a community!
And today, we’re going to share a couple more behind-the-scenes experiences in Southern Italy and Sicily — the ones that we know our guests come back for, year after year.
This is what happens when Italian Fix takes you on vacay. Meet the people, places and piazzas that make each experience extra special. Part 2 of a 3-week series.
Overnight tours in Italy are better when you’ve got the *right* kind of company.
Especially when it involves Sicily and Southern Italy, where many meals are al fresco and cocktails are best enjoyed under lemon trees, and where we stay in small hotels, with even smaller groups.
Here’s why these places are some of our faves:
- You get to go off-grid… With transportation to places you wouldn’t journey to on your own (our private drivers handle that).
- You. Get. To. Relax. Seriously. Lots of time for almond milk baths in copper tubs, dips in the ocean and poolside cappuccinos — rocking ‘em solo or with a new amica you’ve met on the trip.
- You’re on Italy Vacay Time. In the South, things are exotic. And they move to the pace of your favorite nonna. It’s where Italians go to vacation, so you know they mean serious lounging business.
Today, we’re going deep into the southern cellar of our tour tasting room and spilling the grappa on some of our mega foodie moments that make it all so gorgeous ‘n’ groovy.